There are two forms of dynamically usable Excel templates for importing bank statements from excel to Tally.
- Bank Statement – Double column
- Bank Statement – Single column
- The sheet should have the name “Bank.”
- The sheet’s header should adhere to the two types of templates provided.
- The header’s name, caps, small, and space shouldn’t change.
- Validations for the Header and Data
- Date, which must be in date format, is a mandatory column.
- Details or Description is written information based on information from a bank statement.
- The amount must be expressed as a number and cannot contain a negative sign.
- LedgerName, to be put up in accordance with the Tally necessary ledger name.
- AccountName is the bank ledger that will be used to reconcile the bank statement after it is imported.
- Remarks and further information may be included if needed.
- Chq No, any reference or a blank may be used.
- If necessary, fill out BillName to link a bill reference to the appropriate ledger.
- If necessary, fill out CostCentre to map each cost center to its corresponding ledger.
Get FREE Demo of Excel to Tally Software